Welcome to the Immortal Geek
Star Wars is back (or it will be very soon). The Force Awakens, if you didn't already know, is the first film of the new Disney franchise, and it's our duty as geeks to get excited about it. Fortunately the trailer, available on YouTube, makes that really easy.
Chris Tregenza has just release updated rules for 6d6 RPG. This is the 2nd Edition, and a huge amount of work has gone into its creation. Here at Immortal Geek we're really impressed. The Core rulebook is available to buy from DriveThruRPG, and you can download it right away. Currently they have the Core Rules and the 6d6 Modern package allowing you to set your games in the modern world. There's more coming soon, too.
6d6 is a great game system, and comes with our wholehearted recommendation. Great stuff, Chris!
If you're into retro video games, you might like this. The Internet Archive has now created a web page with dozens of old arcade games installed, and a Mame arcade emulator. Relive your childhood, perhaps, by playing your favourite old arcade games, here.
For most of us the signal to upgrade might be that we're falling behind while playing the latest computer games. Or that spreadsheet with our taxes on it takes longer to calculate than making a cup of tea. But how can you tell when that's needed for a commercial or industrial computer?
More tool updates have been applied to the Immortal Geek website today. To give diary writers the opportunity to express themselves more clearly we've rolled out a wiki-like markup extension to the diary editor. The tags are quite straightforward, and are intended to be easy to use. If you have a diary then give them a try and let us know what you think.
Welcome to Immortal Geek, a website dedicated to table top games, board games and, most especially, role-playing games. Our aim is a simple one, to help make your games experience richer and more enjoyable.
To help you set up your games, play your games, and record your adventures we have a suite of tools available. Take a look at these:
These tools will enhance any games session. These tools are free to use, all you need is an Immortal Geek user account:
- Character diaries, where you can record the adventures of your heroes and your heroes friends. You can tell your version of the story.
- A library of resources such as character sheets and game updates, customised content and errata.
- House Rules and suggested rule changes from people who play the games.
Tools to help manage, plan and play your games.
- Player Character and NPC management tools to make it easy to track which characters are good at what.
- Party Management where you can bring your players together into the groups they come together as when they play.
- Map management tools for use by DMs, allowing you to document your dungeon layouts and to reveal parts of the map to game players using the world wide web
To use these tools, all you need is an Immortal Geek account. You can sign up for a free on our registrations page.